Calling all Chicagoland lovers of making, hacking, and tinkering!
Chicago Northside Mini Maker Faire comes around but once a year, but making isn’t just a one-day thing. Here are some activities for makers of all ages going on in Chicago RIGHT NOW:
- Did you know The 3D Printer Experience downtown at 316 North Clark Street is Chicago’s first physical store dedicated to all things 3D printed? If you’d like to learn more, take one of their many workshops and classes!
- GE Garages is in Chicago for one month only! Take advantage of walk-in sessions with experts in their fully equipped fab lab, including Arduino kits, CNC mills, laser cutters, and more!
- Planning a trip to the Museum of Science and Industry? Check out the Wanger Family Fab Lab, where you can take introductory courses in laser cutting and 3D printing, included in the price of admission!
- TOMORROW, 9/28, visit The Chicago Children’s Museum at Navy Pier for one day of Wonder Kids. If you haven’t gotten a chance to check out their Tinkering Lab, this is a great chance to get in a FREE day of tinkering!
- Save the Date for the 2nd annual Tinkering Summit at The Chicago Children’s Museum on Tuesday, November 19th, 6:00 – 9:00 pm.
- Ladies, get ready for Girls Do Hack at the Adler Planetarium. Sign up to participate in a day celebrating women in STEM fields on Saturday, November 9. And come learn to lockpick from the founder of Mini Maker Faire Chicago Northside , Christina Pei!
Keep up with cool happenings in your city, and keep your imaginations active for Mini Maker Faire Chicago Northside 2014!