Welcome back, Chicagoland Makers!
Schurz High School , the Urban School Foundation, and local maker Christina Pei return with the third annual Chicago Northside Mini Maker Faire, celebrating teaching and learning for all ages of makers, new and old! For those of you who are new to Maker Faire, it is the largest celebration of DIY (Do-It-Yourself) in the world. Maker Faire is a venue for inventors, technophiles, artists, crafters, mad scientists, hackers, musicians, and anyone who makes cool things and want to show others how it’s done. If this describes you:
Reserve your maker table at Schurz High School on Saturday, May 3, 2014. We will be accepting applications until April 7. There is no cost to makers to present and it’s FREE for your friends to attend! Makers will also be featured on our website and advertisements.
Questions? Contact us at ChicagoNorthsideMF@gmail.com
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged art, arts and crafts, Chicago, CPS, education, engineering, Environment, Hackers, Maker Faire, making, Robotics, Science, students, teachers, technology
Chicago Northside Mini Maker Faire is just around the corner! Here are some reminders to plan your day accordingly:
- Download our FREE YAPP for your mobile device to guide you: my.yapp.us/CHINORTHMINI
- Or, check out the MAKERS tab on this website to see who’s coming! And read the FAQs in the ATTEND tab.
- Bring broken tschotske to be fixed by Community Glue.
- Bring stuff you’ve always wanted to solder.
- Bring cash, so you can pick up some kits to build on site! (Remember that you can also donate to Chicago Northside Mini Maker Faire at the door, and receive a free pin as a token of our appreciation.)
- Check the weather: It’s said to be mostly sunny, with a high of 78 degrees and 10% chance of rain. Dress accordingly.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @CNSmakerfaire, and use #makerfairechicago during the event!
We’re incredibly excited to meet all the new and returning Makers this Saturday, as well as all the awesome attendees, who are also makers-in-training.